Pre-loved wedding dress - $1000

Size: 14

Listing 591

Reduced - now $850!

Click here to view




Subscribe to our newsletters

Subscribe me to these mailing lists





Visionworks Photography


Weddings Newsletter




Kellie and Alan Real Wedding Story

Jeremy and I have know each other for a number of years, since I was about 13 or 14 years old. We sort of didn't see much of each other for a few years then on Sunday 8th June 2003, we saw each other in the local supermarket car park. We had a bit of a catch up, as he was talking to a mutual friend, then went our separate ways. He deviously asked me during the conversation where I worked. On the following Tuesday lunchtime he rang me at work and asked me out on a date! The first thing I did was ring dad at his work and tell him, as there is 7 years age difference between Jeremy and myself, and I needed to make sure dad didn't mind. So our first date was Friday 13th June 2003.


Right from our first date Jeremy and I knew we were meant to be. I wasn't quite ready to move in with Jeremy straight away, much to his disgust, as I had never lived with a boyfriend before. Though come the middle of October, we were living together. This to some people was moving really fast, but it felt right to us. We had talked about marriage lots of times, but nothing ever really became of it.


Then in 2004 Jeremy promised that we would be engaged by my next birthday (April 2005), but that day came and went and no ring on my finger. I thought that something had to be done about it, so I went and started doing a cross stitch, asking Will you marry me?. I ordered a titanium ring through Artifact, and sat back and thought about what I was going to do. Jeremy was getting achy muscles in the week leading up to the big night, but on the morning he miraculously felt okay. So I thought that I would go ahead with it anyway. I left work a little early, went to the supermarket and bought some purple flowers, and rented the dvd of the movie we saw on our first date. I got home and pulled the petals off of the flowers and in our spare bedroom made them into a heart shape on the bed with the framed cross stitch in the middle of it. I hid the ring box in the bookshelf and turned the bedside light on and pulled the curtains so he couldnt see in from outside.

He came home and things were going well, watching the movie etc, then he went outside halfway through to have a smoke - as they do! He was taking a while so I went to see what he was doing and he was being sick! I went and got him a flannel to wipe his face with, then I started crying. He asked what was wrong, so I took him to the bedroom and he opened the door and walked inside. He took one look at the room and knew what was going on, I opened the ring box, but he didn't answer me - only with a big smile. He finally said yes, and I put the ring on his finger and gave him a great big cuddle! No kisses!


Once we told all the important people, they all asked when the wedding was. It took us about a month to sort one out but we came up with 24th November 2006. We got engaged 13th May 2005, so we had roughly eighteen months to sort it out. Heaps of time we thought!


We didn't really start planning until about twelve months before the big day, but we booked the most important thing first - the venue, then the photographer, then a celebrant. We thought we had everything sorted for a while, so we just took it easy and cruised. Nine months before the wedding I was involved in a car accident driving to work one day. I was hospitalized for about a month. But it has been never ending since then. My major injury was a compound fracture to my right leg. We thought that I would be healed come the day of the wedding, but all in all I've had seven operations leading up to the wedding, one of which was three weeks before the wedding. The special thing about the day was that it was also Jeremy's Grannies birthday, she would've been 100! We didn't actually know that it was her birthday until we told the date to Jeremy's parents. We never really worked to a budget. If we saw something we liked we went for it. We still managed to get married for under $16,000 so that's pretty good these days.


We had the ceremony and reception at the same place, Roselands at Waitomo. It's a Farm and Garden Restaurant, and a perfect place for a wedding! Everything was absolutely perfect! The staff set up the tables, cleared the tables, and cleaned the venue up so we didn't have to do a thing, it was great. When we started saying our vows it was spitting, then as before we got to finish them it absolutely poured down! But rain on your wedding day is good luck! Not that we needed it anyway! Once we were announced husband and wife, it was difficult to find somewhere to have the photos, but our photographer (Karen Bradley) was absolutely awesome. The photos turned out stunning and you couldn't even tell it was raining. The meal was beautiful. It was a bbq, but a classy bbq. It was very relaxed. Our DJ (Party Pete) was fantastic. He was there from about 2pm and he started packing up when the guests left at about 12.30am. As people left during the night they all commented on how it was an awesome day and they had a really great meal and boogie! They loved the music, I m surprised the deck held up under all the dancing!



I bought my dress from Bridal Gallery in Hamilton. They were absolutely fantastic to deal with. It was a fitted dress, with a mermaid tail bottom, with an organza overlay with pearls and beads. Very pretty and not too over the top. I had the girls dresses made by a family friend, and they were really stunning. She made them from a pattern that was years old, but we adapted the dresses as we went along and they were just gorgeous. The boys hired their suits from Frank Casey. Jeremy had a black suit with a white shirt, waistcoat and tie. The boys had a black suit with a black shirt and blue tie to match the girls dresses. They looked really handsome.


There were so many of them! The first one would be seeing Jeremy and the huge smile on his face when I reached him at the end of the aisle. Another one would be once the wedding breakfast was over Jeremy and I went out the entrance of the venue for about five minutes to have some us time to really talk about the day, it was really nice.


Tradition. Something Old:- My grandma's cameo broach Something New:- My jewellery Something Borrowed:- My mum s engagement ring Something Blue:- My garter


Unfortunately my leg was too sore to have the first dance with my husband, so we asked both our parents if they would like to do it in our place, and they did! Come the end of the night though when we were waiting for the courtesy van to come back and pick us up, Jeremy asked if I could handle a dance so I said yes and the DJ played a nice song for us, it was really special.


We lit a candle just before the wedding breakfast for all the deceased loved ones that couldn t be with us on the day.



Advice. Married life is great! It really is no different expect that you ve changed your name! We take each day as it comes, and try and live life to the full. Financial advice would be to try and save as much money as you can to pay for the wedding before the day. We saved all the money we needed, plus a little extra, to pay for the wedding. It feels really great to be married and not have any debt over your shoulders to be paying off.