Send Topic Print
(Read 6131 times)
Charlie80
Forum Newbies

Getting Married!

Gift for groom! Please help!!!
Mar 6th, 2014, 1:28am

Hi guys!
I'm in a bit of a dilemma and really need your advice. So I'd love to treat my FH to a lovely wedding gift, more specifically a Rolex watch. I realize that this would be quite a big investment, and quite an extravagant gift after all the expenses that come with the wedding. But I've been really stingy with gifts for the FH recently (always wanting to save money for the wedding), and I just feel like he deserves it so much after all the trouble and expenses he's gone to for the wedding. But then again, saving the money for our honeymoon, and generally taking some more of the financial weight off his shoulders would perhaps be the more "sensible" decision. What do you think?  

IP Logged

sunny4eva

Getting Married!

Re: Gift for groom! Please help!!!
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2014, 9:07am

If you really want it then sacrifice other things?
I personally wouldn't because my man would be furious spending that sort of money when we are working so hard together to get the wedding and honeymoon.   I would wait til the 1st Wedding Anniversary when maybe you have a little more $$ up your sleeve.  

IP Logged

Charlie80
Forum Newbies

Getting Married!

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2014, 4:52am

I've still not decided yet but have been having a look online to see how much I'd need to spend and I found a really nice Rolex Oyster here http://www.chrono24.co.nz/rolex/index.htm and it's secondhand so wouldn't be as expensive as getting him a brand new one. He does really need a new watch. But waiting until our 1st anniversary would be the sensible option as you mentioned. Are you getting your FH a wedding gift?

IP Logged

sunny4eva

Getting Married!

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2014, 9:01am

To be honest I never really thought about it.  He is getting me Smiley  We aren't one to lavish each other with gifts normally, so I guess that's why I haven't really thought about getting him a gift.  I'm giving him ALL the time before the wedding to work on his cars in the garage, that to me is the best gift ever  Grin

IP Logged

mmua213
Forum Newbies

Makeup Artist!!
Auckland
Reply #4 - Nov 22nd, 2015, 5:05pm

Idea of a nice watch is great. Smiley

Professional Bridal Makeup Artist in Auckland - http://melindamakeup.co.nz/bridal-makeup-artist/
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print