HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Read 7635 times)
ANB

Getting Married !!!

Any other Red Barn-Waikato Brides out there?
Apr 21st, 2012, 8:04pm

Hey girls, I have just booked our venue-Red Barn near Matamata/Lake Karapiro. Absolutely stoked, photos on the website doesn't do it any justice! It looks WAY better in real life-if you know what I mean! Are there any other Brides on this forum who are having/have had their wedding here? I'm putting my feelers out! We have booked our photographer also, and still thinking about the Musician  Cheesy

wedding ticker

IP Logged

simoneshh

Getting Married - Dec

Re: Any other Red Barn-Waikato Brides out there?
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2012, 8:04pm

I am going to a wedding there in a couple of weeks. I agree - the photos I've seen of the venue are stunning!

IP Logged

ANB

Getting Married !!!

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:07pm

OOooo let me know how it goes will you simoneshh? As in how smooth it ran with Bridgette - the owner, and also the catering?  As in what was the food like etc? because we have to go with their caterers so I am interested to see how good they are!  Smiley

wedding ticker

IP Logged

simoneshh

Getting Married - Dec

Reply #3 - Apr 23rd, 2012, 6:07pm

I probably cant help with the food because only the ceremony is there, not the after party but I'll keep any eye on how everything else goes and report back!

IP Logged

ANB

Getting Married !!!

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2012, 11:11pm

Thanks Simoneshh!! Smiley

wedding ticker

IP Logged

Bridgey703
Forum Newbies

Getting Married!

Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2012, 4:54pm

I am seriously considering Red Barn for our venue so am interested in any feedback as well thanks Smiley

IP Logged

simoneshh

Getting Married - Dec

Reply #6 - Apr 29th, 2012, 11:32am

Went to a wedding here yesterday and it was gorgeous. We were only there for the afternoon so not sure what it is like in the evening but even though the weather was a bit dodgy we didn't really notice. The B&G felt they got enough photos just around the venue and didnt need to disappear.
I'm not sure about the catering? I think you pick your own? The food we had for lunch was delicious and so were the nibbles they were passing around. They only thing we felt dented the day was that the bubbles were tucked away and we were waiting for the caterers to top up everyones glasses before the speeches but maybe it was meant to be help yourself.
It was a very intimate wedding, maybe 50 people max and it was a good size venue for that. You probably could have fitted more in there though and everyone would have still been comfortable.
Oh and we also sat outside the gate thinking we were in the wrong place for a while because the gates were closed and it took us a while to work out they would open if you drove up to them - duh! haha And we almost went to another place just out of Tirau because when i put 'Red Barn, Waikato' into google maps it came up with a place on SH 27. Thankfully we were corrected early in the morning!

IP Logged

ANB

Getting Married !!!

Reply #7 - Apr 29th, 2012, 7:05pm

Thanks for the update Simone! The place seats 140 and we are having max 120-trying to get it down to 100 though. The catering is exclusive to Kerr and Ladbrook-that's what we were told anyway!
Funny about the gates thing- we did the same! FH thought it was where those gates were-but because there was no sign we were confused-so google mapped it and freekin ended up near the golf course in Tirau! That was when we called the owner to say we were lost! She said heaps of people are mis-directed by google maps for Red Barn and that she needs to contact them about it!
Thanks heaps for the feedback! Cheesy

wedding ticker

IP Logged

simoneshh

Getting Married - Dec

Reply #8 - May 1st, 2012, 7:09pm

Just looked at the website for the caterer, it definately wasnt them. It was a matamata company.

IP Logged

Isaac de Reus
God Member

Perspectives Photo + Cinema

Reply #9 - May 1st, 2012, 7:14pm

If it's Kerr & Ladbrooke you're totally sorted.
We've been to hundreds of Waikato weddings, and they are hands down my favourite catering company. Just sayin Smiley

IP Logged

njsbride
Forum Newbies

Getting Married!

Reply #10 - May 2nd, 2012, 1:05pm

Hi There,

I have also booked at the Red Barn and i am very excited. my only concern is numbers I've been told larger numbers can get a bit tight for the reception. I expect our number to be between 120-130.
Has anyone been to a wedding here this big? I'm thinking banquet seating might be better than round tables? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

IP Logged

simoneshh

Getting Married - Dec

Reply #11 - May 5th, 2012, 7:10pm

After being there with only 40-50 of us, I'd recommend the banquet rather than round tables.

IP Logged

ANB

Getting Married !!!

Reply #12 - May 5th, 2012, 9:25pm

Ooo yay when are you booked at Red Barn njsbride? simonesh, would you recommend banquet rather than round for 100 guests also?

wedding ticker

IP Logged

simoneshh

Getting Married - Dec

Reply #13 - May 6th, 2012, 4:03pm

You could probably squeeze 100 in at round tables. I'd ask the venue people if they have photos of that number sitting at round tables. Or have a look on photographers websites that have worked there.

IP Logged

Autumnwedding
Forum Newbies

Getting Married!

Reply #14 - May 17th, 2012, 8:57pm

Hey we booked Red Barn for April 2013. I think round tables will definitely work for 100 guests, they have heaps of seating options. We went there when they were seating around that number. Looked great.

How amazing is Red Barn though, I love the Hinuera Stone and the fireplace. Can't wait to dance the night away on the outdoor dancefloor.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print