Send Topic Print
(Read 2052 times)
KateD
Forum Newbies

Getting Married!

Wellington Region - The Wine makers daughter
Jul 6th, 2010, 9:11pm

Hi

Has anyone been to a wedding here? I've heard really good things about this place, I am considering emailing them to find out more information about holding a wedding there as a possibility.

I think finding a venue is probably the hardest part of organising a wedding!!!!!!

IP Logged

Present ALP
God Member

Bagged a keeper on 14th
August 2010!
Wellington
Re: Wellington Region - The Wine makers daughter
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2010, 10:40pm

I'm not too sure about that venue - but I love the name!!

IP Logged

Present ALP
God Member

Bagged a keeper on 14th
August 2010!
Wellington
Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2010, 10:42pm

Wow - just found these pics of it! It looks absolutely gorgeous! http://www.disco.co.nz/winemakers-daughter-wedding-venue.htm

IP Logged

MF+MJ
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2010, 12:02am

Oh I love it!

IP Logged

Orangerolls
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2010, 9:57pm

I don't have much to add, but when I was looking at venues online I saw pics of the wine maker's daughter and I thought it looked gorgeous.  They don't seem to have a website which is a shame.

IP Logged

KateD
Forum Newbies

Getting Married!

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2010, 11:04pm

When I lived in wellington my work had their xmas do there so saw all their photos ( I started after the work do) and it looked gorgeous.

Most of my family are in the bay so it probably would be too much of a mission getting everyone there anway.  Believe or not there just isn't really anything really calling to me here in the bay for a venue.

IP Logged

Present ALP
God Member

Bagged a keeper on 14th
August 2010!
Wellington
Reply #6 - Jul 24th, 2010, 9:28am

KateD wrote on Jul 23rd, 2010, 11:04pm:
When I lived in wellington my work had their xmas do there so saw all their photos ( I started after the work do) and it looked gorgeous.

Most of my family are in the bay so it probably would be too much of a mission getting everyone there anway.  Believe or not there just isn't really anything really calling to me here in the bay for a venue.

I was the same with Wellington. When I got engaged, I knew there was NO WHERE in Welly's I wanted to get married. So we started looking else-where. Went to a beautiful Lodge in the Sounds, but I didn't have the feeling of "I'm getting Married here" When speaking to my Dad about it weeks later he suggested a Wellington Venue (this venue had not crossed my mind) I'd never been to it, but knew immediately without viewing it, that it was were I was going to get married. I get the feeling I want each time I go there.

I think it's important to have the feeling for your venue. Even if it's someone's back yard! Have you set a date? If not, just take your time and look all over and ask people their thoughts on venues. If Dad hadn't made his suggestion, I would probably be getting married at a venue I was not truely happy with.

IP Logged

Orangerolls
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 24th, 2010, 1:30pm

Not having been to the Wine Maker's daughter,  I can't really draw a comparison, but have you thought about Clearview Estate Winery?  I've been there a couple of times for lunch and thought it was really lovely and kind of reminds me of the pictures I saw of the Wine Maker's Daughter - outdoor tables under the vines.  Food was good and they have great wine too!  Have no idea about their prices though.

Hey FutureALP - where are you having your wedding, if you don't mind me asking?  I had a lot of trouble finding somewhere in Wellington too.  The only place that really "called" to me was the New Dowse, but wasn't really my partner's kind of thing.  We've since decided on Wallaceville Church for ceremony and my parents backyard for reception - both in Upper Hutt.

IP Logged

Present ALP
God Member

Bagged a keeper on 14th
August 2010!
Wellington
Reply #8 - Jul 24th, 2010, 3:35pm

Quote:
Not having been to the Wine Maker's daughter,  I can't really draw a comparison, but have you thought about Clearview Estate Winery?  I've been there a couple of times for lunch and thought it was really lovely and kind of reminds me of the pictures I saw of the Wine Maker's Daughter - outdoor tables under the vines.  Food was good and they have great wine too!  Have no idea about their prices though.

Hey FutureALP - where are you having your wedding, if you don't mind me asking?  I had a lot of trouble finding somewhere in Wellington too.  The only place that really "called" to me was the New Dowse, but wasn't really my partner's kind of thing.  We've since decided on Wallaceville Church for ceremony and my parents backyard for reception - both in Upper Hutt.  

We're having it at Pencarrow Lodge. Stunning venue! I'll find out about the food and service in 3 weeks! Good price too! for 60 people plus venue hire is just below $7000. (Winter rates)

IP Logged

Orangerolls
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 24th, 2010, 4:42pm

Wow - yes, Pencarrow lodge is gorgeous! Can't wait to hear all about it!   Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print