Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
(Read 26783 times)
angelperak
God Member

Getting Married!

The Vest Look
Mar 15th, 2010, 7:30pm

What do you guys think of the groom in a vest for the wedding, without the jacket?
Like this look: (see attached pic)

I kinda like it...nice and casual but not TOO casual if you know what I mean. Hmm. And good for summer when it is a bit too hot to have all those layers.
Thoughts?

erez_htm.jpg (16 KB | 630 )
erez_htm.jpg

IP Logged

Mrs Mish
God Member

Re: The Vest Look
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2010, 8:00pm

TBH, LOVE it!

We are thinking of going this way.
Getting married by the beach so want to be a bit more casual but not fully casual iykwim!

and DF will most likely wear a different colour to the GM.

More pics Smiley

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

IP Logged

mintyjulep
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2010, 8:59pm

omg! thanks guys! I had been trying to find a picture like the first one for DF so I could show him how hot the vest look is

unfortunately he is quite resistant to the idea, and now that I think about it two of his groomsmen are rather large (the type of guys that are so big their whole lives, that when they're 13 they get asked to be props on the st bedes first fifteen Tongue) so it might not be a good look for them

IP Logged

michaelswife
God Member

OMT ! finally!!!

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2010, 11:51am

very Justin timberlakey but  i like! as you say perfect for a casual wedding, and will still look awesome for the dance etc late

... Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

IP Logged

Wendy.C
God Member

Married!
Wellington
Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2010, 7:12pm

Ohh it is very Justin Timberlake - good call MW2B!

I love it!  Especially for the slightly funkier less formal type weddings, and looks fantastic with a hat, if they can work that look!

IP Logged

Mrs Drifty
God Member

Finally an OMT :)
Auckland
Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2010, 2:24pm

Quote:
omg! thanks guys! I had been trying to find a picture like the first one for DF so I could show him how hot the vest look is

unfortunately he is quite resistant to the idea, and now that I think about it two of his groomsmen are rather largee (the type of guys that are so big their whole lives, that when they're 13 they get asked to be props on the st bedes first fifteen Tongue) so it might not be a good look for them

I dunno Mintyjulep my FH is pretty big and he looks pretty HOT in just a vest (although I am totally biased  Cheesy) But in saying that, vests kind of taper in whereas for bigger guys there isn't much choice when hiring suits so the nice tapered ones don't always come in bigger guy sizes....I say you should get your FH along to a dress hire place to have a 'play' and maybe take a groomsmen..... although knowing men and trying things on this probably sounds a lot easier than the reality  Roll Eyes

Got married 21st April 2011 at Fernz Birkenhead

IP Logged

Mrs Drifty
God Member

Finally an OMT :)
Auckland
Reply #6 - Mar 17th, 2010, 2:25pm

PS when I said "Just a vest" I obviously meant just a vest OVER a shirt with pants (as opposed to a suit jacket too!) just re-read my post and thought....hmmm that doesn't quite sound like I meant it to  Cheesy Grin

Got married 21st April 2011 at Fernz Birkenhead

IP Logged

angelperak
God Member

Getting Married!

Reply #7 - Mar 17th, 2010, 3:32pm

yeah im kinda hooked on the vest look atm. Talked to FH about it though and he still wants to wear a jacket over it, for the ceremony anyway and then just the vest for reception  Roll Eyes
In the end i just want him to feel snazzy so whatever does that for him  Smiley but still...just the vest is so....yes. Justin Timberlakey Tongue

IP Logged

Lucky_Miss_H
Forum Newbies

Getting Married!

Reply #8 - Mar 17th, 2010, 8:23pm

My FH and I both love this look too! Although he likes the idea of wearing a black shirt with a lighter coloured vest to dress it up abit more. The black shirt might make it look abit more like a jacket if you know what I mean? He likes the mix of casual/formal.

IP Logged

NE55
God Member

Happily Married!
Wellington
Reply #9 - Mar 18th, 2010, 2:27pm

I like the vest look, but as it will be winter, my FH and his GM will be wearing a jacket also, but it does allow for some flexibility.  Also, by them wearing vests, it's an opportunity for me to incorporate our theme color as well Smiley

IP Logged

Mrs Mish
God Member

Reply #10 - Mar 19th, 2010, 12:17am

another pic!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

IP Logged

IB
God Member

Married!
Auckland
Reply #11 - Mar 19th, 2010, 9:32am

1st pic = sexy! Will be showing FH. We are thinking about what him and his brother are going to wear atm... seems nice alternative to jacket as it will be quite warm.

IP Logged

littlemiss

12th February 2011 woohoo!!!

Brisbane
Reply #12 - Mar 19th, 2010, 10:26am

I love this look too! FH is liking it (at the moment anyhow!) so hopefully he stays that way!  We are having a garden wedding followed by a marquee reception in FPIL backyard, so I didn't want the boys to look too formal.  Hallensteins have on thier website a nice grey pinstripe suit which has a pic with the vest (jubilee suit on their suithire page) which I quite like Smiley

save the date

IP Logged

angelperak
God Member

Getting Married!

Reply #13 - Mar 19th, 2010, 3:32pm

littlemiss wrote on Mar 19th, 2010, 10:26am:
I love this look too! FH is liking it (at the moment anyhow!) so hopefully he stays that way!  We are having a garden wedding followed by a marquee reception in FPIL backyard, so I didn't want the boys to look too formal.  Hallensteins have on thier website a nice grey pinstripe suit which has a pic with the vest (jubilee suit on their suithire page) which I quite like Smiley

ooh that suit is nice...my FH wants a darker grey or black though Sad

IP Logged

gem_lj
Forum Newbies

Getting Married!

Reply #14 - Mar 19th, 2010, 8:55pm

My Hubby and his groomsmen and groomswoman wore vests for our wedding.  They wore theirs with 3/4s and really nice long sleeve shirts. The kind of shirts with big funky cuffs.  At first he was looking to hire the vests but I didn't like any from the hire shops, the ones we saw looked more like he had just taken off his jacket rather than a funky vest.  So I had a shopping mission to find something.  We looked everywhere and meccano had some really cool ones.. but was hard at that time of year to find them... I ended up finding a very funky vest at Jeanswest (totally random place to find a wedding outfit!!) and had to buy some here and over in Australia which was a bit of a mission!!

He loved his vest and it was what he wanted but it was hard to find... So don't do what we did and make sure you start looking way in advance!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print