HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: How much is you wedding costing?/Did it cost?

under $5000    
  2 (1.1%)
$5000 - $10 000    
  23 (13.1%)
$10 000- $15 000    
  29 (16.6%)
$15 000 - $20 000    
  44 (25.1%)
$20 000 - $25 000    
  28 (16.0%)
$25 000 - $30 000    
  31 (17.7%)
$30 000- $40 000    
  13 (7.4%)
$ 40 000 +    
  5 (2.9%)

Total votes: 175
« Created by: MrsvM on: Feb 21st, 2010, 12:27pm »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Read 21276 times)
mintyjulep
Ex Member

Re: Wedding budget
Reply #60 - Apr 20th, 2010, 1:44pm

Jasper wrote on Feb 22nd, 2010, 8:06am:
My two cents - it is really hard to get a real idea of cost from this topic as some people are including rings, honeymoon, BM dresses, other people aren't including any of these things so "real" cost seems to be dependant on what you choose to include in your budget etc

it's not necessarily everyone being difficult, but I chose not to inc in our budget any help that our family are giving us.

i.e. wedding dress - paid for by nana, BM dresses - paid for by mum, honeymoon - will probably come out of DFs bonus and the help his parents want to give us.

overall the budget is never going to be the same for any two people, because for instance, how many people here get 80% off the price of wine through their work? But then I don't have family offering to do our catering, and I'm having to think hard about what to do for table centrepieces because we can't use candles. We're all in a different boat Smiley

IP Logged

angelperak
God Member

Getting Married!

Reply #61 - Apr 20th, 2010, 2:27pm

We have had to get creative lately to keep our budget lower, due to some unexpected costs. Part of that i think is a good thing coz you end up with ideas you might not have had in the first place if you just had the money and you might end up with a more unique and personal wedding. For instance, Im not buying new shoes, im using my mum's from her wedding day, and I am trying to "handmake" this wedding as much as possible...whether that means DIY or sourcing handmade things from other people. It's fun Smiley
Sometimes though I just wish I had the money to throw and the day could magically happen!

IP Logged

Just
God Member

Married
North Shore Auckland
Reply #62 - Apr 20th, 2010, 3:51pm

I haven't included our honeymoon in the budget as thats not something im thinking about just yet! Saving $19k for wedding and anything over that will be for honeymoon.

... Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

IP Logged

Just
God Member

Married
North Shore Auckland
Reply #63 - Apr 20th, 2010, 3:53pm

Oh and also had to downscale as the wedding was going to cost more than $5k more if we had a marquee, but decided against it. Phew! Couldnt afford to do more than $20k.

... Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

IP Logged

mrsbutton
God Member

(19-21 March 2010)
New Plymouth
Reply #64 - Apr 20th, 2010, 7:33pm

When we started planning, we though that $10k was a "reasonable" amount to spend, and tried to stick to that.  In the end, we didn't really budget to any set amount, but just spent what we thought was reasonable on each individual part, and bought what we needed.

At the end of it all ($$ back from guests who stayed, everything paid for), we paid about $10,400.  The only thing left is photos and Thank Yous, which we think will be another ouple of hundred (once we get albums for us and parents, get some prints, and post the cards)

We were really happy with how it all worked out!

IP Logged

mrsbutton
God Member

(19-21 March 2010)
New Plymouth
Reply #65 - Apr 20th, 2010, 7:34pm

(PS - That includes rings (not E ring), and most of the honeymoon (flights accommodation, meals, activities), but does not include the shopping I did in Sydney!)

IP Logged

Hayhay
God Member

Happily married!
New York (hometown Auckland)
Reply #66 - Apr 20th, 2010, 9:23pm

Forever ET wrote on Apr 20th, 2010, 10:54am:
bump for the newbies Smiley

I was rebudgeting yesterday and figured out that i am saving approx 10k by doing diy/byo/using a dressmaker and LITB - and cutting my guestlist by 10 people... eeekkk

Wow well done Forever ET! I'm so impressed!

Well I'm not sure how we're doing overall - paid for wedding rings the other day (they're gorgeous! But FH has hidden them from me) and they ended up coming in about $200 under budget - yay! However FH thinks it's cheating because the exchange rate between UK/NZ is so good for the NZ$ right now - if it was at a more standard 2.7 we would have been over! I say we count it as under. Smiley

We've kind of given up on a 'budget' per se - just trying not to go over estimates too much. Luckily, we have all the money there ready to go - although taking it out of savings seems more painful than spending it from salary! Our biggest cost is our venue - over $8k and then we also have to get a marquee, catering, and drinks, plus all the additional hire - but it is soooo worth it, I can't wait!

IP Logged

Michyla

Getting Married!
Auckland
Reply #67 - Nov 9th, 2010, 4:29pm

WOW you guys are so good!!!
we are sitting just under 40,000 at this stage, and im sure there will still be hidden costs.
However we are budgeting on approx 200 people, so food adds up. Spent alot on our photographer and videographer, at mums advice.
Saving by having a dress maker do our dresses. (i do alot of modelling so its great to know someone who can do a 15k dress for under 2k)
We are doing chirstmas balls in a glass as our table toppers to save as well...
Although FH is just about dying at the cost estimates. Thankfully my parents are offering to help, so hopefully his will too.

save the date

IP Logged

MF+MJ
Ex Member

Reply #68 - Nov 9th, 2010, 5:54pm

Michyla wrote on Nov 9th, 2010, 4:29pm:
WOW you guys are so good!!!
we are sitting just under 40,000 at this stage, and im sure there will still be hidden costs.
However we are budgeting on approx 200 people, so food adds up. Spent alot on our photographer and videographer, at mums advice.
Saving by having a dress maker do our dresses. (i do alot of modelling so its great to know someone who can do a 15k dress for under 2k)
We are doing chirstmas balls in a glass as our table toppers to save as well...
Although FH is just about dying at the cost estimates. Thankfully my parents are offering to help, so hopefully his will too.

My mind is officially boggled - a 15k dress! I haven't seen much at all that is beyond 10k - it must be especially unique. Pics of the 15k version?

IP Logged

Michyla

Getting Married!
Auckland
Reply #69 - Nov 9th, 2010, 5:58pm

Yeah mine too, Mum said she loved me, but not a 15k dress much  Wink
But after I saw it I knew it was what I wanted, the original is done with Swarovski crystals, mine will not be.

53648219_full.jpg (45 KB | 127 )
53648219_full.jpg

save the date

IP Logged

MF+MJ
Ex Member

Reply #70 - Nov 9th, 2010, 6:32pm

Crazy-ness - that many swarovskis on trademe would probably be about $500max! Certainly not $5-10k

Lovely dress though Smiley glad you could find someone to make it for less.

IP Logged

Mrs Summerbride
God Member

Married to my 1st love

Auckland
Reply #71 - Nov 9th, 2010, 6:57pm

We never really did a budget as such, just worked out how much we were willing to pay as decisions were made about different things.

So I've just sat down and worked out what we spent - including rings but not including honeymoon we spent around 12k

Add on the honeymoon and it was another 2.5k for hotel and flights..haven't got the visa bill for what we spent yet!

IP Logged

Keri-Anne

OMT and Wedding Photographer

Reply #72 - Nov 9th, 2010, 10:54pm

Wow its been really interesting reading how much everyone is spending, ours cost around $18,000 and we had 170 guest at our reception !!! Thankfully my parents really helped us out, being 19 at the time meant we didn't have a whole heap of money !

It seems the average amongst my brides is around $20,000 to $30,000 but in saying that I have a bride whose whole budget is $6000 and I had one whose wedding cost $65,000 ! it just varies so much !

OMT for 5 wonderful years !
www.dilworthphotography.co.nz

IP Logged

Mrs Ez
God Member

OMT
Wellington
Reply #73 - Nov 10th, 2010, 6:48am

i was originally planning about $8-9K.. haha not gonna happen. Even with taking shortcuts in alot of places, and getting discounts thru mates rates etc.
And we're only planning on 50 odd people.

I think its just the little things which slowly add up!
Though we have done a rough budget and the difference between going all out and getting an "expensive" ish photographer at $2500..and cutting corners at the venue and gettign a cheaper photographer under $1000... literally the difference in cost for us is $2500.
Goes from $10K to around $12K if we all ourselves a bit to get things we want / like as opposed to going super skint and minimalistic on everything.

Really when you're talking bout tens of thousands of dolars....a couple of thousand really isnt goign to matter!

we will only be able to save up aroudn $6K for the wedding ourselves in a year, and will probably end up getting  a loan , mortgage top up for the remaining $5K or borrow from family.
we arent getting any financial help  from anyone at this stage :p

And hey, its only sposed to happen once right! so might as well make it into a day to remember!

IP Logged

Orangerolls
Ex Member

Reply #74 - Nov 12th, 2010, 9:34pm

4k originally for us, but might even get it down to 3k now, depends on how much the rings will cost.  Doesn't include honeymoon as we have decided on anything for that yet or when we'll do it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print