Send Topic Print
(Read 2213 times)
Ems
Forum Newbies

Auckland
Ceremony Readings/Poems in Maori
Jan 16th, 2007, 4:35am

Hi guys

We have asked my Grandfather to perform a reading at our wedding ceremony and as he is Maori we thought it would be really special and a little bit different if he did a reading in Maori.

I'm having some trouble finding a nice reading/peom suitable for a wedding in Maori with some kind of english translation.

Does any one have any nice readings in Maori or could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Ems

IP Logged

kells102
God Member

Auckland
Re: Ceremony Readings/Poems in Maori
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2007, 7:09am

Hey

Im not too sure about that one, but have you tried googling it.  I have found some good readings by googling, but could be a little difficult with being in maori.

Kells

10th March 2007&&Quay West&&http://rickkelly.weddingannouncer.com/

IP Logged

14pk
God Member

Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2007, 5:40pm

the library has lots of maori resources you could look through some there...or if you have a teacher friend then nut some from their resource cupboard - i might have a couple (teacher here!!) but i'm away for the week. I'll try and find one when I get back...

we're having a friend read a poem, she writes her own poems. We've asked her to write one for us - as something special....maybe he might like to write his own one for you as a gift??? just an idea...happy hunting!!

IP Logged

billy_nunu
Forum Newbies

Wellington
Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2007, 12:09pm

We are having a reading in Maori too. Galatians 5 from the bible, so depending on what you both believe you could do the same.
Also, check out the book store for maori whakatauki/proverbs books. There could be some winners in there!

S & C&&27th Jan 07

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print